Wednesday 18 March 2009

learning from the seasons

I used to live in a flat and didn't ever really appreciate the seasons. Now I live in a little house next to a forest and one thing I noticed for the first time is the changing from spring to summer to autumn to winter and back to spring again.

It might sound stupid but I have learned a lot from this - I think life also has seasons, and we need to stop fighting them but instead look for the beauty within them.

I love the warmth of a fire or hot meal in winter.
I love the new life and birdsong of spring.
I love the long evenings and warm sunshine of summer.
I love the colours and crispness of autumn.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, even if it is to disagree! Please be courteous and remember that what you say can be read by others too.

To comment, write below and then select your profile from the drop-down menu. If you have no blogging profile, you can use name/url or post anonymously.